Sunday, September 8, 2013

Attitude: Don't...Pet the Sweaty Things

Most of you who know me know that I can be a little cynical. Sometimes, it's a huge challenge to look past the negatives and see the plus side of a situation.

For most of the majority of this year, I've tried pretty hard to let the little things go. I've tried to accept that (to be blunt), shit happens. By no means has this been an easy task, but i feel as if for the most part, I've done a decent job. At the very least, I told myself I would put on a neutral front that didn't project a negative opinion; if I'm going to be a cynical, negative jerk, I'm gonna keep most of it to myself. Sure there, are people to share those feelings to--people to vent to, activities to reduce stress, but in public is the place to keep my mouth shut and do my job.

On a whole, I feel like I've done a much better job of this in my personal life than my professional life, and recently I've made it a point to be a little more positive in both.

A few people in my life have talked about attitude recently, particularly in a professional sense. Not so much that there are just things you have to do and may hate, but it's important to project a positive attitude about everything relating to your career field. Maybe you don't particularly enjoy long meetings that seem irrelevant. Maybe lectures about things you think you already know are boring and you'd rather do something else. But this is the opportunity of a lifetime, and there's no sense in wasting a single bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment